CKTransit is reminding ridership that public transit remains in operation for essential travel only. Essential travel means riders requiring transit service to get to and from work, or to secure essential goods and services.
The following service changes come into effect Monday May 11, 2020:
- Routes 1, 2, 3, and 4 will return to normal hours and will operate from 6:15 AM – 7:15:00 PM, Monday – Saturday, every 30 minutes;
- Route 5 will return to normal hours and will operate from 6:30 AM – 7:30 PM, Monday – Saturday, every 60 minutes;
The following services will remain on reduced services hours:
- Chatham and Wallaceburg Accessible will operate from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Saturday. Sunday service remains suspended;
- The 6:45 PM departure for Inter-Urban Routes A, C, and D remains suspended. All other Inter-Urban route departure times from the Chatham Terminal are operating;
- CKTransit On-Request evening service remains suspended;
Changes are in effect until further notice.
Bus operators will be enforcing social distancing measures by limiting capacity to no more than six riders at a time.
Do not make trips into the community unless it is essential. If you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, stay home.
Future notices will be issued through the media, CKTransit.ca, at the Downtown Chatham Terminal, and on transit vehicles. Up-to-date information may not be available at every shelter.
We appreciate the understanding of our riders during this difficult time.