April 26, 2021
Homeless Response Line phone number operated 24 hours a day 7 days a week effective Monday, April 26.
Chatham-Kent Employment & Social Services is transitioning to one dedicated phone number for individuals seeking emergency housing.
Effective Monday, April 26, the Homeless Response Line at 519-354-6628 will be answered 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Anyone seeking immediate emergency housing should contact this number. Staff will work with the individual to explore possible solutions and if none exist will work to provide emergency housing as fast as possible. The Municipality continues to operate the Emergency and Rapid Rehousing program (CKERRP) which provides Emergency Housing along with Housing focused supports to those in need in Chatham-Kent.
Anyone seeking support with Homeless Prevention Services (Arrears, Eviction prevention, emergency home repairs) is encouraged to continue contacting Employment and Social Services at 519-351-1228 or the Salvation army at 519-354-1430.
- On any given night at least 60 individuals and families are being supported in Emergency Housing in Chatham-Kent.
- 373 Unique individuals accessed Emergency Housing since April 2020.
- 23 Family units (43 children) accessed Emergency Housing in the last year.
- CK CARES partners have assisted 255 unique individuals with securing Long Term housing over the last year.
- Of these, 89 individuals and 21 families have received long-term housing directly from CKERRP.
For more information contact:
Municipality of Chatham-Kent
This communication is subject to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Ontario) and/or Personal Health Information Protection Act (Ontario). This communication may be confidential. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email immediately.