Measuring Municipal Operational Performance
Performance Management staff and business units will measure and report on performance of achieving those action plans through mechanisms such as an Annual Report, Municipal Performance Measurement Program (MPMP), Service Sustainability Review Process, People Plan, external surveys, and through the future development of a corporate Executive Dashboard (Balance Scorecard) program. The Performance Management Process will also include the review and reporting on key financial performance indicators established for each business unit to ensure it is meeting budget targets.
Municipal Performance Measurement Program (MPMP)
MPMP is a performance measurement and reporting system that promotes local government transparency and accountability. It also provides municipalities with useful data to make informed municipal service level decisions while optimizing available resources.
All Ontario municipalities are required to report MPMP efficiency and effectiveness measures for services provided by their municipality. The Ontario Government’s Municipal Performance Measurement Program (MPMP) requires municipalities to submit financial and related service performance data to the Province and Public on a range of services provided by municipalities (including general government, fire, police, roadways, transit, wastewater, storm water, drinking water, solid waste, parks and recreation, library services and land-use planning).
BMA Management Consultants provide comparative taxation analysis.
Service Sustainability Review Process (SSRP)
This process examines municipal services with the intent to:
- Determine what services should be delivered by CK and at what level those services should be delivered.
- Identify potential improvements to effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of those identified services.
- Develop a plan to achieve sustainability for the services we ultimately deliver.
- Due to the demands to keep tax increases minimal and to provide current levels of services, the intended outcome of SSRP is to:
- Reduce future years’ projected tax increases.
- Address our infrastructure deficit.
- Ensure service plans are sustainable.
- Create opportunities to strategically reinvest existing funds