The progress report includes traditional metrics for assessing our progress towards our vision of what the community would like Chatham-Kent to be in the year 2035. A welcoming, healthy, prosperous community that is culturally rich and naturally innovative.
There are between four and five progress indicators for each of CK Plan 2035 "Areas of Strategic Focus".
Some progress indicators, such as population are not calculated annually, and others, such as canopy cover, although progress is being made, the metric might not change for several years. For those metrics, future performance results will include a number of leading and lagging metrics that directly reflect the work being completed by the municipality, our residents, community partners and businesses.
What are the progress indicators?
- Post-Secondary Education
- Median Household Income
- Building Activity
- Funding Asset Management Plan
Healthy and Safe Community
- Non-Violent Crime
- Avoidable Death from Preventable Causes
- Child/Individuals Living in Low-Income
- Avoidable Death from Treatable Causes
People & Culture
- Population Characterises
- Community Belonging
- Life Stress
- Charitable Donation
- Community Buzz (Date under development)
- Waste Diversion
- Canopy Coverage
- Trails and Pathways
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions (Data under development)
- Energy Consumption (Data under development)