Although the computers have reached the life expectancy as set by the Municipality, individual computers might still be of use to some organizations. Please note that there may be a waiting period of up to a year or longer for a computer.
Interested organizations must accept the following terms in the eleven bullets listed below:
- Applications will be reviewed in chronological order.
- No guarantee is provided regarding types or quantities of equipment, or schedules.
- Preference will be given to organizations based in Chatham- Kent.
- No guarantees are being made as to the age, completeness or operating condition of any machine.
- No software, operating system or installation key, support, disks or installation will be provided.
- No guarantee is provided as to the condition of laptop batteries.
- Features of these machines will generally be those current five or more years ago.
- Recipients will need to do their own installation of their own operating systems and media.
- Recipients must agree that they are not acquiring the equipment for the purpose of selling it.
- All hardware normally associated with a computer, such as a monitor, keyboard and mouse, must be collected at the time of computer pick-up.
- Collection of equipment will occur at a time mutually agreed between the recipient and the Municipality of Chatham- Kent, once the recipient has been contacted by the Municipality.
- Supervisor, IT Service Delivery, Information Technology & Transformation, 315 King Street West, P.O. Box 640, Chatham ON, N7M 5K8.