1. Call to Order
2. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Closed Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
3. Supplementary Closed Session Agenda Items
4. Recess to Closed Session – 4:00 p.m. - Councillor Carmen McGregor, Closed Session Chair
That Council moved into a Closed Session Meeting of Council pursuant to Section 239 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, for the following reasons:
- Advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to Sidewalk Maintenance. Section 239(2)(f), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to Revised Section 28, Draft LTVCA Policy for Development along Lake Erie Shoreline within the Municipality of Chatham-Kent. Section 239(2)(f), Municipal Act, 2001
- Proposed disposition of land by the municipality with regard to Lawson Properties Inc. – Offer to Purchase. Section 239(2)(c), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to 182 King Street West, Chatham. Section 239(2)(f), Municipal Act, 2001.
5. Adjournment of Closed Session
That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn the Closed Session Meeting of October 7, 2019.”
Resumption of Open Council Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
6. Playing of the National Anthem
7. Approval of Supplementary Agenda
8. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Open Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
(a) Recognition of Amy Larsen and Beth Durocher for receiving the Governor General’s Emergency Medical Services Exemplary Service Medal
(a) Presentation by Lori Marshall, President and CEO, Chatham-Kent Health Alliance re Chatham-Kent Ontario Health Team
11. Deputations – items on current agenda - (requests must be received by 3:00 p.m.)
12. Consent Agenda
(a) Information Reports
Action – Council to advise the Clerk of any items to be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed aside for consideration and debate separately.
Motion –That the items listed on the Consent Agenda be approved as presented and that action be taken as required (excluding any items placed aside).
Action – Items placed aside will now be discussed
13. Notices of Motion
(a) Presentation of new Notices of Motion
14. Tender Awards
15. Community Human Services
16. Community Development
17. Corporate Services
18. Finance, Budget and Information Technology Services
19. Infrastructure and Engineering Services
20. Closed Session Reports
21. Approval of Communication Items
22. Non Agenda Business
23. Reading of By-law
(a) First Reading
(b) Second Reading
(c) Council to go into Committee, if Required, to Discuss By-law
(d) Resumption of Council
(e) Third and Final Reading
i. By-law to provide for the licensing and regulating of Lotteries in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent
ii. By-law to Amend By-law Number 178-2015 of The Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent respecting the licensing, regulating and governing of certain businesses
iii. By-law to confirm proceedings of the Council of The Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent at its meeting held on the 7th day of October, 2019
24. Resolution Council in Closed Session & Adjournment
That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn to its next Meeting to be held on Monday, October 21, 2019 and that Chatham-Kent Council authorize itself to meet in closed session on that day to discuss any matters permitted by The Municipal Act.
**Please note that this Council Meeting will take place in Tilbury at the Tilbury Arena in Ryder Hall**