Council Meeting Agenda
Monday, September 10, 2018 6:00 P.M.
Council Chambers Civic Centre
315 King Street West 2nd Floor
1. Call to Order
2. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Closed Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
3. Supplementary Closed Session Agenda Items
4. Recess to Closed Session – 4:00 p.m. - Councillor Carmen McGregor, Closed Session Chair
That Council moved into a Closed Session Meeting of Council pursuant to Section 239 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, for the following reasons:
- Proposed disposition of land by the municipality or local board regarding St. George Street, Shrewsbury. Section 239(2)(c), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Proposed disposition of land by the municipality or local board regarding 42 Tiffany Street, Ridgetown. Section 239(2)(c), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Proposed disposition of land by the municipality or local board regarding 430 Colborne Street, Chatham. Section 239(2)(c), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Proposed acquisition of land by the municipality or local board with regard to Wallaceburg Southside properties. Section 239(2)(c), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Labour relations or employee negotiations. Section 239(2)(d), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Litigation or potential litigation and advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to defamation lawsuit. Section 239(2)(e) & (f), Municipal Act, 2001.
5. Adjournment of Closed Session
“That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn the Closed Session Meeting of September 10, 2018.”
Resumption of Open Council Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
6. Playing of the National Anthem
7. Approval of Supplementary Agenda
8. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Open Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
Supplemental Item - Refugee Update – presentation by Tracy Callaghan, Executive Director; Adult Language and Learning - Chatham-Kent and April Rietdyk, General Manager, Community Human Services
9. Deputations – items on current agenda - (requests must be received by 3:00 p.m.)
10. Consent Agenda
(a) Information Reports
(b) Routine Approval
(c) Committee Reports
(d) Council Meeting Minutes
(i) Council Meeting minutes from its meeting held on August 13, 2018.
Action – Council to advise the Clerk of any items to be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed aside for consideration and debate separately.
Motion – That the items listed on the Consent Agenda be approved as presented and that action be taken as required (excluding any items placed aside).
Action – Items placed aside will now be discussed
11. Notices of Motion
(a) Presentation of new Notices of Motion
12. Tender Awards
13. Chatham-Kent Police Service (electronic voting)
14. Community Human Services
15. Finance, Budget and Information Technology Services (electronic voting)
16. Community Development (electronic voting)
17. Infrastructure and Engineering Services (electronic voting)
18. Closed Session Reports (electronic voting)
19. Approval of Communication Items
20. Non Agenda Business
21. Reading of By-law
(a) First Reading
(b) Second Reading
i. By-law to provide for drainage work in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent for the Johnston Tinline Drain Culvert, Community of Howard – First and Second Reading Only
ii. By-law to provide for drainage work in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent for the Bostwick Drain and Branches, Community of Orford – First and Second Reading Only
(c) Council to go into Committee, if Required, to Discuss By-law
(d) Resumption of Council
(e) Third and Final Reading
iii. By-law to Extend Interim Control By-law Number 164-2017 under Section 38 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P. 13, as amended
iv. By-law to provide for road upgrade as a local improvement
v. By-law to amend By-law Number 141-2007 being a by-law prohibiting the littering and/or dumping on private and municipal property in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent
vi. By-law to confirm proceedings of the Council of The Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent at its meeting held on the 10th day of September, 2018
22. Resolution Council in Closed Session & Adjournment
That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn to its next Meeting to be held on Monday, October 1, 2018 and that Chatham-Kent Council authorize itself to meet in closed session on that day to discuss any matters permitted by The Municipal Act.
*Please note that the Council meeting scheduled for September 24, 2018 has been cancelled.*