Council Meeting - Electronic Agenda
Monday, October 5, 2020 6:00 pm.
A livestream of the electronic Council Meeting will be available at:
1. Call to Order
2. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Closed Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
3. Supplementary Closed Session Agenda Items
4. Recess to Closed Session – 4:00 p.m. - Councillor Carmen McGregor, Closed Session Chair
That Council moved into a Closed Session Meeting of Council pursuant to Section 239 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, for the following reasons:
- Proposed disposition of land by the municipality with regard to Real Estate Transaction – Bloomfield Business Park. Section 239(2)(c), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Personal matters about an identifiable individual, advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege and a position, plan, procedure, criteria or instruction to be applied to any negotiation carried on or to be carried on by or on behalf of the municipality with regard to Insurance Contracts and Brokerage Coverage. Section 239(2)(b), (f) & (k), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Labour relations or employee negotiations with regard to Negotiation Authority for ONA (Riverview Gardens), ONA (Public Health), CKPFFA, CUPE 12.1, 12.2, 12.3 and Non-Union. Section 239(2)(d), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Proposed acquisition of land by the municipality and advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to Keil Trail South Extension. Section 239(2)(c) & (f), Municipal Act, 2001.
5. Adjournment of Closed Session
Resumption of Electronic Open Council Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
As per By-law 30-2020 – An “Electronic Meeting” is defined as any regular or special meeting of Council that utilizes remote electronic access for the Members during any period of time during which an emergency has been declared, either by the Head of Council or the Province, in all or part of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent, under sections 4 or 7.0.1 of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act;
6. Approval of Supplementary Agenda
7. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Open Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
8. Deputations – items on current agenda
As per By-law 30-2020: 3.10(h) -- Unless otherwise approved by the Chair, an Electronic Meeting shall not permit public deputations, except by way of written submission received in advance of the meeting, which shall be submitted to the Municipal Clerk’s office at email@example.com prior to the start of the Electronic Meeting, and shall be provided to members in advance of the meeting if possible. The Clerk shall verbally read out the written deputation at the beginning of the meeting;
As per By-law 30-2020: 3.10(j) - The agenda shall be modified to allow for all items on the agenda to be voted upon at once, except for Planning Act matters and any others as determined by the Clerk. The Clerk shall first ask if any Member wishes to have any item on the agenda voted upon separately in which instance that item shall be voted upon separately;
9. Information Reports
10. Tender Awards
(b) Amended Request for Proposal Award: R19-374 – Talbot Trail Municipal Class Environmental Assessment, Community of Romney
11. Finance, Budget, Information Technology & Transformation
12. Corporate Services
13. Notices of Motion
(a) Presentation of new Notices of Motion
14. Closed Session Reports
15. Approval of Communication Items
16. Non Agenda Business
17. Reading of By-law
(a) First Reading
(b) Second Reading
(c) Council to go into Committee, if Required, to Discuss By-law
(d) Resumption of Council
(e) Third and Final Reading
i. By-law governing the purchasing and procurement of goods and services by the Municipality of Chatham-Kent
ii. By-law to confirm proceedings of the Council of The Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent at its meeting held on the 5th day of October, 2020
18. Resolution Council in Closed Session & Adjournment
That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn to its next Meeting to be held on Monday, October 19, 2020 and that Chatham-Kent Council authorize itself to meet in closed session on that day to discuss any matters permitted by The Municipal Act.