A livestream of the electronic Council Meeting will be available at:
YourTV CK's YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnCqH9glTEm2qIumbLmZqEg
1. Call to Order
2. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Closed Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
3. Supplementary Closed Session Agenda Items
4. Recess to Closed Session – 4:00 p.m. - Councillor Carmen McGregor, Closed Session Chair
That Council moved into a Closed Session Meeting of Council pursuant to Section 239 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, for the following reasons:
- Advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to Chatham-Kent Lake Erie Shoreline Study. Section 239(2)(f), Municipal Act, 2001.
Personal matters about an identifiable individual and advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to an Integrity Commissioner Investigation. Section 239(2)(b)(f), Municipal Act, 2001.
5. Adjournment of Closed Session
“That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn the Closed Session Meeting of May 4, 2020.”
Resumption of Electronic Open Council Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
As per By-law 30-2020 – An “Electronic Meeting” is defined as any regular or special meeting of Council that utilizes remote electronic access for the Members during any period of time during which an emergency has been declared, either by the Head of Council or the Province, in all or part of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent, under sections 4 or 7.0.1 of the Emergency
6. Approval of Supplementary Agenda
7. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Open Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
9. Deputations – items on current agenda (received by 3:00 p.m.)
As per By-law 30-2020: 3.10(h)--Unless otherwise approved by the Chair, an Electronic Meeting shall not permit public deputations, except by way of written submission received in advance of the meeting, which shall be submitted to the Municipal Clerk’s office at email@example.com prior to the start of the Electronic Meeting, and shall be provided to members in advance of the meeting if possible. The Clerk shall verbally read out the written deputation at the beginning of the meeting;
10. Infrastructure and Engineering Services
11. Non Agenda Business
12. Reading of By-law
(a) First Reading
(b) Second Reading
(c) Council to go into Committee, if Required, to Discuss By-law
(d) Resumption of Council
(e) Third and Final Reading
i. By-law to confirm proceedings of the Council of The Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent at its meeting held on the 4th day of May, 2020
13. Resolution Council in Closed Session & Adjournment
That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn to its next Meeting to be held on Monday, May 11, 2020 and that Chatham-Kent Council authorize itself to meet in closed session on that day to discuss any matters permitted by The Municipal Act.