Council Meeting Agenda
Monday, June 25, 2018 6:00 P.M.
Council Chambers Civic Centre
315 King Street West 2nd Floor
1. Call to Order
2. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Closed Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
3. Supplementary Closed Session Agenda Items
4. Recess to Closed Session – 4:00 p.m. - Councillor Carmen McGregor, Closed Session Chair
That Council moved into a Closed Session Meeting of Council pursuant to Section 239 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, for the following reasons:
- Proposed disposition of land by the municipality regarding Offer to Purchase – 88 Metcalfe Street, Shrewsbury. Section 239(2)(c), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Proposed disposition of land by the municipality regarding Offer to Purchase – 105 – 119 Arnold Street, Wallaceburg. Section 239(2)(c), Municipal Act, 2001.
- A position, plan, procedure, criteria or instruction to be applied to any negotiations carried on or to be carried on by or on behalf of the municipality and advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege with regard to Fibre Network Expansion and TekSavvy. Section 239(2)(f) & (k), Municipal Act, 2001.
5. Adjournment of Closed Session
“That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn the Closed Session Meeting of June 25, 2018.”
Resumption of Open Council Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
6. Playing of the National Anthem
7. Approval of Supplementary Agenda
8. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Open Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
(a) Recognition of the Breast Buddies Dragon Boat Team
10. Deputations – items on current agenda - (requests must be received by 3:00 p.m.)
11. Consent Agenda
(a) Information Reports
(b) Committee Reports
Action – Council to advise the Clerk of any items to be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed aside for consideration and debate separately.
Motion – That the items listed on the Consent Agenda be approved as presented and that action be taken as required (excluding any items placed aside).
Action – Items placed aside will now be discussed
12. Notices of Motion
(a) Presentation of new Notices of Motion
13. Tender Awards (electronic voting)
14. Chief Administrative Office (electronic voting)
15. Finance, Budget and Information Technology Services (electronic voting)
16. Community Development (electronic voting)
17. Community Human Services (electronic voting)
18. Infrastructure and Engineering Services (electronic voting)
(e) Road Upgrade Policy (This item has been postponed to a future meeting.)
19. Closed Session Reports (electronic voting)
20. Non Agenda Business
21. Reading of By-law
(a) First Reading
(b) Second Reading
(c) Council to go into Committee, if Required, to Discuss By-law
(d) Resumption of Council
(e) Third and Final Reading
i. By-law to provide for drainage work in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent for the Goodbrand Drain, Community of Orford – Third and Final Reading
ii. By-law to provide for drainage work in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent for the Rosseel and Merritt Drain, Community of Chatham Township – Third and Final Reading Only
iii. By-law to amend drainage assessments estimated in engineer reports based on actual costs incurred for the construction of various drains
iv. By-law to provide for the collection of certain repair charges on Municipal Drains under section 74 of the Drainage Act
v. By-law to confirm proceedings of the Council of The Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent at its meeting held on the 25th day of June, 2018
22. Resolution Council in Closed Session & Adjournment
That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn to its next Meeting to be held on Monday, July 16, 2018 and that Chatham-Kent Council authorize itself to meet in closed session on that day to discuss any matters permitted by The Municipal Act.