The role of the Board of Health is to:
- Appoint a full-time medical officer of health;
- Hire staff to carry out the functions of the board as outlined within the HPPA;
- Provide the municipality with a yearly budget notice;
- Have a strong commitment to and understanding of public health programs;
- Attend board meetings, actively participate, and serve as officers;
- Serve in a volunteer capacity without regard for remuneration or profit;
- Identify and declare any conflicts of interest;
- Represent the health unit in the community; and
- Recognize that decisions made for the Board of Health are separate and apart from Municipal Council decisions.
The Board of Health is a separate entity working towards the health of the community.
|Representatives of Council (4)
||Joe Faas, Carmen McGregor, Brock McGregor, Karen Kirkwood-Whyte
|Citizen Appointees (2)
||Mike Genge, Magdiel Hoste
|Indigenous Representative (1)||Joshua Caron|