coloured pegs

To serve on a committee, an individual must meet the qualifications of an elector under the Municipal Elections Act which are:

  • You must be at least 18 years of age

  • A resident of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent (owner or tenant of land or the spouse of said owner or tenant of land in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent)

For more information, please contact

Committees of Council and Local Boards provide advice to Council on specifically mandated areas of interest. These committees contribute to the development of policies, programs and initiatives throughout Chatham-Kent.
All Committees of Council and Local Board meetings shall conduct its meetings in public according to the Municipal Act Section 239(1), unless it is considering one of the matters set forth in section 239(2), to be dealt with in Closed Session.

In addition to the above committees of Council, the Municipality has an ownership interest in Entegrus.  For more information about Entegrus’ governance, visit the Entegrus website.About Us