Information on COVID-19:
COVID-19 and Settlement Services in Chatham-Kent:
- Chatham-Kent based settlement agency,
Adult Language and Learning, has cancelled a number of programs to ensure the health and safety of their staff, clients, and the public. Office and Settlement Services staff are still available to communicate with clients online or by phone, Monday to Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Adult Language and Learning can be reached at 519.354.7424 or by email at:
- College Boreal Chatham-Kent offers a unique service to Newcomers to Canada: Socio-economic Integration Navigation. This multilingual service assists newcomers in creating a customized short and long term plan to ensure a sustainable career that will impact not only first-generation immigrants but subsequent generations as well. As of September 2020, College Boreal will also be offering fast-track English language classes (LINC) with a focus on education and employment. Contact them today by phone at 519.397.1677 or by email at:
- For Low German immigrants, the below translations are also available:
- The RIO network portal includes a
multilingual health information library. You can select resources in over 60 languages by clicking the red square image at the right side of the page.
- The Public Health Agency of Canada has a number of
multi-language awareness resources on COVID-19, including fact sheets on physical distancing, how to reduce the spread of COVID-19, how to self isolate, and more.
- Refugee 613, together with Ottawa Public Health have developed a series of multilingual videos, explaining where and when to wear masks.
Mandatory Mask videos are available in the following languages: Arabic, English, French, Farsi, Hindi, Nepalese, Simplified Chinese, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
- Multilingual Mental Health Videos are available on the Ottawa Public Health website.
Supports and Benefits Available:
COVID-19 and children:
COVID-19: Updates on the law and legal services:
Steps to Justice - Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) is working to give practical answers to the important questions that people are asking about the law relating to COVID-19.
Temporary Foreign Worker Resources
- COVID-19 Resources for International Farm Workers in English, Spanish, Thai.
- The Government of Ontario has released 9-1-1 Fact Sheets to help educate migrant workers on how to access 911 services for ambulance response.
- 'Get the facts: Calling 911 when you need emergency health care' is available in
- 'Get the facts: What to expect when calling 911 for a health emergency' is available in
- Instruction for employers
- The Government of Canada has developed a COVID-19 guide customized for Temporary Foreign Workers under the Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) Program. COVID-19: A Guide for Temporary Foreign Workers in Canada includes information related to quarantine period, rights and responsibilities, and more. The guide can be accessed in English, French, and Spanish.