Chatham-Kent Public Library is thrilled to offer regular open hours effective Tuesday, September 7. For detailed hours of Library Service and COVID precautions in place, please contact your local branch or visit CKPL at www.ckpl.ca. Wheatley Branch is closed until further notice.
Patrons are welcome to browse and experience all library services. CKPL requests each patron assess their own COVID-19 risk factors and not enter a branch if they are experiencing any symptoms. COVID-19 screening questions are posted at each branch entrance.
Precautions in place are:
- Face masks are mandatory at all times for all visitors over the age of 2 at all branch locations in accordance with Step 3 of the Provincial Reopening Plan; unless the Chatham-Kent Mask By-Law exemption applies. Complementary masks are available at all branch locations as well as hand sanitizer.
- At this time, no food or drink other than water will be allowed in branches.
- Computer use will be on a first-come, first-serve basis for 1 hour sessions. Computer stations are physically distanced and patrons are required to wear their masks for the duration of their session. Assistance on computers is limited due to social distancing measures
- Wifi is available at all 11 branch locations as space is available. Seating will continue to be social distanced and limited.
- Limited space is available to access seating for studying, reading and wifi usage.
- Limited in-person programming is planned for the first week of October as space permits: Blenheim, Chatham, Dresden, Ridgetown, Tilbury and Wallaceburg Branches.
CKPL’s Virtual Library is open 24/7, please visit www.ckpl.ca/virtual to learn more.
Please treat CKPL staff with respect and dignity as we work together to safely provide Public Library Service to the community of Chatham-Kent. The continued Health & Safety of Library staff and patrons is of the utmost importance.