Chatham-Kent Public Library is seeking community input to help to develop its new Five-Year Strategic Plan. Your feedback is very important to CKPL and it will help us to identify areas where we can improve services and better understand and meet the needs in our Chatham-Kent communities.
Chatham-Kent Public Library recently successfully concluded its Strategic Plan for 2016-2020. Highlights from the plan include:
- upgraded wifi hotspots in all branches
- improvements to the public network for faster internet connectivity
- major renovations to Blenheim and Ridgetown Branches to add more seating, access to power and increased accessibility
- Tilbury and Dresden Branches have been refreshed with new coats of paint
- interior signage was installed at all 11 branches to enable patrons to easily access services and resources when they enter the library.
In previous surveys, CK residents asked for topical and timely programs for adults; staff launched the Seed Library now available at all eleven locations, Read Local: CK Author Festival, CK Reads and the How-To-Festival to name a few of the exceptional initiatives that meet this demand.
Have your say! CKPL is looking for feedback about programs, Children’s Services, how you use library space, or what the library of the future looks like to you. Patrons can access the Library Survey through “Let’s Talk Chatham-Kent”, CKPL’s website, www.ckpl.ca or on paper at your local branch. CKPL encourages your participation to envision what your public library will look like in five years!