Contact the travel clinic at least 6-8 weeks before you leave for your trip to ensure that:
- You can get an appointment.
- Before you leave, your body has enough time to develop protection against the disease you were vaccinated for.
Vaccines are given on-site.
OHIP does not pay for pre-travel medical services. This means that you must pay the doctor’s fees for shots and information related to travel such as:
- Travel health advice and immunizations
- Pre-travel medical assessments
- Education about avoiding travel hazards for travel agents, schools, missionary groups and other organizations
- $45 per person
- Vaccines - additional charge (amount varies depending on vaccine)
Method of payment
Cash/Visa/MasterCard. We do not take debit.
We will issue itemized receipts for drug plan reimbursement. All prices are subject to change without notice.
What to bring
- Your immunization record
- Your complete travel itinerary
- A list of your current prescription medications
- Payment for vaccines (cash or credit)
The Travel Clinic in Chatham is a designated Yellow Fever Centre and can provide Yellow Fever vaccination.
Things can change quickly when you're travelling. It's a good idea to check for Travel Advisories when you're planning your trip and just before you leave.