Report Your Shots.png

Please note: To ensure vaccination information on file is accurate, a copy of the vaccination record or a copy from your health care provider must be attached when submitting the vaccination information through ICON. By clicking above, you are consenting to submit non-ISPA immunization information to CK Public Health.

Vaccine changes - what's new?

Effective July 1, 2014, school-age children require proof of immunization against meningitis, pertussis (whooping cough) and for children born in 2010 or later - varicella (chickenpox), to attend school. This in addition to existing requirements for proof of immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles, mumps and rubella. Children and teenagers who have received all recommended vaccines as per Ontario's immunization schedule will not require any further immunizations.

Is Your Child Up-To-Date?

Immunizations are safe, effective, and benefit people of all ages. They protect individuals and communities by preventing the spread of disease. As more people are immunized, the risk of disease for everyone is reduced. Call us to verify if your child's immunizations are up-to-date at 519.355.1071 ext. 5900 or visit the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care's Vaccine website for more details.

Immunization card cover

You never outgrow the need, from infancy to adulthood.

Immunization is not just for babies and children. The Publicly Funded Immunization Schedule for Ontario shows what vaccines you and your child need throughout his/her lifetime. The Health Unit recommends immunizing according to the Publicly Funded Schedule of Ontario to keep children healthy and protected. We have an electronic database that holds immunization records for every child who attends a childcare facility and school.

We work to:

  • Make sure your child attending school is properly immunized.
  • Help Chatham-Kent be properly immunized.
  • Ensure that people with a vaccine preventable disease (such as mumps) are followed up with.
  • Make sure that outbreaks of vaccine preventable diseases are controlled.
  • Educate health care providers in proper vaccine usage, storage and handling.

We supply your health care provider with many different vaccines provided by the Ministry of Health. This allows them to give you many vaccines free of charge.

Child Care Centers

CK Public Health is required by law (Child Care and Early Years Act 2014) to review the immunization records of all children in registered child care centers. All children attending registered child care centers are required to have proof of immunization on file at the health unit. When registering your child in a new child care center, fill out the Child Care Entry Form (available at the child care center) and bring a copy of their immunization record to the child care center.

School Aged Children

All children, aged 4-17 years, attending school need to be immunized according to the Ontario immunization schedule. Keeping children up to date protects them from many serious diseases that are easily spread in schools.

The health unit is required by law (Immunization of School Pupils Act) to review the immunization records of all children attending school in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent. Every child that attends school is required to have proof of immunization or a valid medical or philosophical exemption on file at the health unit. When registering your child at a school, complete the School Entry Form (available at the school) and bring a copy of the immunization record to the school.


It is important to keep a record of your child’s shots. It is the parent's responsibility to let us know if your child gets a shot from anywhere besides the health unit. We do not receive immunization information from your health care provider or school.