If you are applying for or are eligible for Ontario Works, you have the right to:
- bring someone with you to scheduled appointments
- be advised of file changes (suspension, cancellation) or eligibility changes (ineligible) in writing
- appeal an eligibility decision that you do not agree with
If you are receiving Ontario Works, you are required to:
- update your Participation Agreement every 3 months
- participate in approved employment/education activities unless medically deferred
- report all income sources through your monthly Income Reporting Statement
- keep receipts and statements to verify income, assets and expenses (paystubs, bank account statements, rent receipts, utility bills, child care receipts etc.)
- notify us of changes in your circumstances (being employed/losing employment, open/closing bank accounts, having a baby, moving, leaving the province etc.)
- pursue other income sources that you could qualify for (child support, Ontario Child Benefit, Employment Insurance etc.)
- repay any money you have received that you were not entitled
- repay the Transitional Child Benefit you received from Ontario Works when you get a retroactive Ontario Child Benefit and/or National Child Benefit Supplement payment. This repayment will automatically be deducted from your next month's Ontario Works cheque.
For more information, please contact your Ontario Works Case Manager at 519.351.8573.