With a My Benefits account, from your desktop, tablet or cell phone , you will be able to:
- Check future and past payment history and view a breakdown of each payment
- Report employment income and address changes
- View all letters from the past 12 months
How do I sign up?
- Visit www.Ontario.ca/mybenefits
- You will need your member ID
- Use the same email address recorded in your OW file
- You must be registered with online banking and have a username and password with a bank that is support by my benefits.
By calling the IVR system you can find out the status of your cheque and other general case information. The IVR system requires you to login before you can access your case file information. You will receive your private login information by mail shortly after receiving your first cheque from Ontario Works. Your login will be a nine-digit ID number and a four-digit PIN number that will allow you to use the system.
If for some reason you do not receive this information in the mail, please contact your Case Manager.
Login to the system and follow the prompts to find out:
- the date and amount of your most recent cheque
- a history of cheques issued to you within the last 45 days
- your overpayment balance (if you have one)
- the status of your case file, such as "ongoing", "suspended", or "terminated"
The system is available:
Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
What happens if I forget my PIN or have trouble using the system?
Dial 1.800.808.2268 and Press 0
You will be redirected to the Interactive Voice Response Help Desk.
The Help Desk will verify your identity and reset your PIN. They can help you if you are experiencing any difficulty using this system.
What if I need other detailed case information?
If you need to access detailed case file information not provided by the Interactive Voice Response System, Call 519.351.8573 and ask to speak with your Case Manager.