MyBenefits is a new online service being piloted in select locations across the province including Chatham-Kent.
The service is available to residents of Chatham-Kent who are active Social Assistance recipients and is available on a 24/7 basis allowing clients to see the status of all future payments and to report changes through their desktop, tablet or cell phone. If you are a Social Assistance recipient currently in Chatham-Kent and want to be a part of this exciting new opportunity, please contact your Case Manager at 519.351.8573.
MyBenefits has been co-designed with clients and staff to ensure it is simple, easy to use, and meets people's needs. It gives people more choice and flexibility in how they get, manage, and report information to the ministry without replacing existing service channels (e.g. in office, over the phone). It works on all the latest major browsers (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge) on any device (e.g. desktop, tablet, mobile).
With MyBenefits, clients can:
- Check payment history and view a breakdown and status of each payment
- Report earned income against an existing employer on file in SAMS and track the status of earned income submissions
- Report address changes
- View profile information (e.g. phone number, email, household members)
- View letters
* New features and improvements will continue to be added
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
- Visit www.Ontario.ca/mybenefits
- You will need your member ID
- Use the same email address recorded in your Ontario Works file
- You must be registered with online banking and have a username and password with a bank that is supported by MyBenefits.