Information and Referral Coordinators (IRCs) are available at set times to help you understand your needs and to make referrals to appropriate services. IRCs can give you information about family mediation and other ways to solve your issues without going to court.
Each family court location has the following resources and services available:
- pamphlets and other publications on issues related to separation and divorce and child protection matters,
including What You Should Know About Family Law in Ontario (available in 9 languages)
- the Ministry's Guide to Family Procedures
- information about legal services, the court process and court forms
- at designated times, an Advice Lawyer from Legal Aid Ontario who can provide summary legal advice
- at certain times an Information and Referral Coordinator who will provide information on alternative dispute resolution options,
issues related to separation and divorce and community resources
- referrals to family mediation services connected with the court
- information about and scheduling for the Mandatory Information Program.
Family Law Information Centre (FLIC)
425 Grand Ave W