The Affordable Home Ownership program provides individuals and families with a loan for the down payment on a home.
The Investment in Affordable Housing (IAH 2014 Extension), Homeownership Program is being delivered by Chatham-Kent Housing Services on behalf of the Federal and Provincial governments.
If you qualify, you can receive 7% of the purchase price of a home, up to a maximum of $10,000. Funding is in the form of a 20 year interest-free loan registered on title. The home must:
To qualify you must...
- Be a legal resident of Canada
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a current resident of Chatham-Kent
- Have rented consecutively in Chatham-Kent for the last 12 months
- Not own or not partially own another home or property
- Not owe money to a Social Housing landlord
- Have a total gross household income of $71,300 or less
- Be eligible for a mortgage at a recognized financial institution. Click here for a list of NHA approved lenders
- Intend to have this home as your one and only residence (you cannot transfer or lease it to someone else)
How do I apply?
1. Review the Fact Sheet for detailed information on the requirements and elgibility criteria.
2. Complete and sign the Home Ownership Application Form.
3. Deliver or mail your completed application to Chatham-Kent Housing Services with all the required supporting documents. Applications will be accepted by Chatham-Kent Housing Services beginning April 1, 2019.
For a copy of the Home Ownership Application and Fact Sheet;
1. Download and print the Home Ownership Application Form and Fact Sheet.
2. Call Chatham-Kent Housing Services to have an application mailed to you.
3. Visit Chatham-Kent Housing Services office at 435 Grand Ave. W., Chatham, ON during regular office hours (Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm excluding holidays) to pick up an application.
Note: Details are subject to change at the discretion of the Chatham-Kent Housing Services Division (CKHS) and per the requirements of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
Be sure to check back regularly for updates!