The Homeownership Program has closed for 2019 and applications are no longer being accepted at this time.
The Investment in Affordable Housing (IAH 2014 Extension), Homeownership Program is being delivered by Chatham-Kent Housing Services on behalf of the Federal and Provincial governments.
If you qualify, you can receive 7% of the purchase price of a home, up to a maximum of $10,000. Funding is in the form of a 20 year interest-free loan registered on title. The home must:
To qualify you must...
- Be a legal resident of Canada
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a current resident of Chatham-Kent
- Have rented consecutively in Chatham-Kent for the last 12 months
- Not own or not partially own another home or property
- Not owe money to a Social Housing landlord
- Have a total gross household income of $71,300 or less
- Be eligible for a mortgage at a recognized financial institution. Click here for a list of NHA approved lenders
- Intend to have this home as your one and only residence (you cannot transfer or lease it to someone else)
Note: Details are subject to change at the discretion of the Chatham-Kent Housing Services Division (CKHS) and per the requirements of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
Be sure to check back regularly for updates!
The Homeownership Program 2020
Applications will be available at the beginning of March 2020. We will begin to accept applications in April 2020.