The Affordable Home Ownership program provides individuals and families with a loan for the down payment on a home.
The Investment in Affordable Housing (IAH 2014 Extension), Homeownership Program is being delivered by Chatham-Kent Housing Services on behalf of the Federal and Provincial governments.
If you qualify, you can receive 7% of the purchase price of a home, up to a maximum of $10,000. Funding is in the form of a 20 year interest-free loan registered on title. The home must:
To qualify you must...
- Be a legal resident of Canada
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a current resident of Chatham-Kent
- Have rented consecutively in Chatham-Kent for the last 12 months
- Not own or not partially own another home or property
- Not owe money to a Social Housing landlord
- Have a total gross household income of $71,300 or less
- Be eligible for a mortgage at a recognized financial institution. Click here for a list of NHA approved lenders
- Intend to have this home as your one and only residence (you cannot transfer or lease it to someone else)
Note: Details are subject to change at the discretion of the Chatham-Kent Housing Services Division (CKHS) and per the requirements of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
Be sure to check back regularly for updates!