The Investment in Affordable Housing (IAH 2014 Extension), Homeownership Program is being delivered by Chatham-Kent Housing Services.
If you qualify, you can receive 7% of the purchase price of a home, up to a maximum of $10,000. Funding is in the form of a 20 year interest-free loan registered on title. The home must:
To qualify you must...
Be a legal resident of Canada
Be at least 18 years of age
Be a current resident of Chatham-Kent
Have rented consecutively in Chatham-Kent for the last 12 months
- Not own or not partially own another home or property
- Not owe money to a Social Housing landlord
- Have a total gross household income of $72,600 or less
- Be eligible for a mortgage at a recognized financial institution.
Click here for a list of NHA approved lenders
- Intend to have this home as your one and only residence (you cannot transfer or lease it to someone else)
Note: Details are subject to change at the discretion of the Chatham-Kent Housing Services Division (CKHS) and per the requirements of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
Be sure to check back regularly for updates!
How do I apply?
- Review the
Fact Sheet for detailed information on the requirements and eligibility criteria.
- Complete and sign the
Homeownership Application Form.
- Deliver or mail your completed Homeownership Application Form to Chatham-Kent Housing Services with all required supporting documents. Application will be accepted by Chatham-Kent Housing Services beginning (date here)
For a copy of the Homeownership Application and Fact Sheet:
- Download and print the
Homeownership Application Form
- Call Chatham-Kent Housing Services to have an application mailed to you.
- Visit Chatham-Kent Housing Services office at 435 Grand Ave. W. Chatham, ON during regular office hours (Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm excluding holidays) to pick up an application.