Chatham-Kent Council Agenda - Electronic Agenda
Monday, September 14, 2020, 6:00 P.M.
315 King Street West
A livestream of the electronic Council Meeting will be available at:
1. Call to Order
2. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Closed Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
3. Supplementary Closed Session Agenda Items
4. Recess to Closed Session – 4:00 p.m. - Councillor Carmen McGregor, Closed Session Chair
That Council moved into a Closed Session Meeting of Council pursuant to Section 239 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, for the following reasons:
- Proposed disposition of property by the municipality with regard to Offer to Purchase Vacant Lot, Erie Street North, Ridgetown. Section 239(2)(c), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Proposed disposition of land by the municipality with regard to Land Lease 25280 Big Pointe Road Agricultural Land. Section 239(2)(c), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to Mask Amending By-law. Section 239(2)(f), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to Rural Fibre Backbone Agreement. Section 239(2)(f), Municipal Act, 2001.
5. Adjournment of Closed Session
Resumption of Electronic Open Council Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
As per By-law 30-2020 – An “Electronic Meeting” is defined as any regular or special meeting of Council that utilizes remote electronic access for the Members during any period of time during which an emergency has been declared, either by the Head of Council or the Province, in all or part of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent, under sections 4 or 7.0.1 of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act;
6. Approval of Supplementary Agenda
7. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Open Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
9. Deputations – items on current agenda
As per By-law 30-2020: 3.10(h) -- Unless otherwise approved by the Chair, an Electronic Meeting shall not permit public deputations, except by way of written submission received in advance of the meeting, which shall be submitted to the Municipal Clerk’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start of the Electronic Meeting, and shall be provided to members in advance of the meeting if possible. The Clerk shall verbally read out the written deputation at the beginning of the meeting;
As per By-law 30-2020: 3.10(j) - The agenda shall be modified to allow for all items on the agenda to be voted upon at once, except for Planning Act matters and any others as determined by the Clerk. The Clerk shall first ask if any Member wishes to have any item on the agenda voted upon separately in which instance that item shall be voted upon separately;
10. Council Meeting Minutes
(a) Council Meeting Minutes from its meeting held on July 20, 2020
(b) Council Meeting Minutes from its meeting held on August 10, 2020
11. Committee Reports
12. Information Reports
13. Tender Awards
14. Chatham-Kent Police Service
15. Community Human Services
16. Corporate Services
17. Finance, Budget, Information Technology & Transformation
18. Infrastructure and Engineering Services
19. Notices of Motion
(a) Presentation of new Notices of Motion
20. Closed Session Reports
21. Approval of Communication Items
22. Non Agenda Business
23. Reading of By-law
(a) First Reading
(b) Second Reading
(c) Council to go into Committee, if Required, to Discuss By-law
(d) Resumption of Council
(e) Third and Final Reading
i. By-law to amend By-law 101-2020 requiring that masks be worn in certain enclosed public spaces to limit the spread of COVID-19
ii. By-law to establish a Multi-Year Budget Policy
iii. By-law to amend By-law Number 98-2016 of the Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent (By-law to Delegate Certain Routine Approvals)
iv. By-law to amend By-law Number 245-2004 of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent (Bridge and Culvert Weight Limits for Various Structures in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent
v. By-law imposing special annual drainage rates upon land in respect of which money is borrowed under the Tile Drainage Act
vi. By-law to amend By-law 78-2019, to provide appointment of Contractual Enforcement Officers for the Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent
vii. By-law to confirm proceedings of the Council of The Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent at its meeting held on the 14th day of September, 2020
24. Resolution Council in Closed Session & Adjournment
That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn to its next Meeting to be held on Monday, September 21, 2020 and that Chatham-Kent Council authorize itself to meet in closed session on that day to discuss any matters permitted by The Municipal Act.