The Ontario Renovates Program helps low to moderate income families to repair homes and while improving energy efficiency or accessibility.
Do you qualify?
- Your total annual gross household income must be $80,100 or less
- You own a home within the Municipality of Chatham-Kent that is your main residence with a market value of $342,252 or less
- You have not previously received funding through the Homeownership Program for the property requiring assistance
How much financial help could you receive?
- Up to $25,000 max in a forgivable loan
- Up to $5,000 max in the form of a grant for accessibility repairs
What are some examples of repairs?
- Chair and bath lifts
- Doors and windows
- Electrical systems
- Foundations, roofs, walls, floors and ceilings
- Heating systems
- Height adjustments to countertops
- Roof replacement
- Toilet replacement with low-flush to a dual-flush toilet
Energy Efficiency Upgrades
A key objective of this program is to respect the environment and help with savings that will improve housing affordability over the long term through the use of energy savings products or systems.
Return the completed application form to:
Chatham-Kent Housing Services
435 Grand Avenue West, PO Box 1296
Chatham, Ontario N7M 5R9
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (excluding holidays)
Please include all of the required information as well as an estimated cost of repairs/renovations from a professional contractor.