The Chatham-Kent Renovates Program provides funding to qualified homeowners for home repairs. These funds are available in the form of a forgivable loan and grant, with loan forgiveness of 10 years at 10% per year. Home repairs covered by the program include:
- Doors and windows
- Electrical systems
- Foundations, roofs, walls, floors and ceilings
- Heating systems
- Height adjustments to countertops
- Roof replacement
Repairs that are not covered include decks, garages, landscaping and other property structures.
- Your total annual gross household income must be $50,000 or less.
- You own a home within the Municipality of Chatham-Kent that is your main residence with a Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) value of $144,500 or less.
- You have not previously received funding through Chatham-Kent Renovates,
Ontario Renovates or
Affordable Homeownership Program for the property requiring assistance.
Submit Your Application
If you do not have access to a printer, visit the Housing Services office at the address above to pick up an application or call 519-351-1228 to have an application mailed to you.