The Affordable Rent Program is for low and moderate income households. Rents in these units are not Rent-Geared-To-Income but are at approximately 80% of the average market rent as posted by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC).
How can I apply for Affordable Housing?
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older and sign the application.
- You must be able to live independently.
- You must be a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident or have made an application for status as a Permanent Resident or have Refugee Claimant status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act Canada where no removal order has become enforceable against any member of the household.
- You meet income thresholds.
Affordable Rent Locations
Senior Affordable Rent Location
Required Supporting Documents
- Copy of birth certificate for all members of the family
- Must include your most recent Notice of Assessment
- If you own a house or have sold a house within the last 3 years – the mortgage statement or deed papers (you must agree to put the property up for sale upon offer)
- If a question does not apply to you, please put N/A (not applicable).
- You cannot owe arrears to any Housing Services Provider or have been found by the Rental Housing Tribunal or a court of law to have misrepresented income concerning the receipt of rent geared to income assistance. You will not be eligible for Housing Services until arrears are paid in full.
Download the Seniors application for Riverview Terrace
Submit your signed, dated and completed application to
For questions or more information about the Affordable Housing program, call 519-351-1228 Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.