Chatham-Kent has made significant progress on maintaining and increasing the housing supply, and improving housing stability for the residents of Chatham-Kent. It is estimated that at least 290 people experienced homelessness in Chatham-Kent in the past year. Our vision is for every resident to have an affordable, suitable and adequate home.
This is an outcome-based four-year plan (2020-2024) to:
- Have affordable housing solutions available that meets both the need and the demand.
- Increase housing stability for residents of Chatham-Kent.
- End chronic homelessness in Chatham-Kent.
- Increase appropriate housing and supports for priority populations.
- Increase community awareness and service integration.