A number of improvements and miscellaneous upgrades to the Pain Court Elevated Storage Tank are required to increase the reliability of the tank and its functionality for the next 20 plus years.
The required works include the following:
- Complete removal and replacement of the interior and exterior coatings of the tank
- Installation of additional health and safety features and a code-compliant guardrail system on the tank roof
- Installation of a hydrodynamic mixing system inside the tank to improve water age and chlorine residuals
- Installation of accessory upgrades including new antenna supports, and lightning protection
- Upgrades to the lighting system
CIMA Canada Inc. has been retained as the Engineering Consultant to coordinate and manage the rehabilitation of the project. In December 2019 the project was awarded to Landmark Municipal Services and work has commenced and is scheduled to be completed in August 2020.