A number of improvements and upgrades are required to increase tank reliability and functionality for the next 20 plus years.
This work will include the following:
- Complete removal and replacement of the interior and exterior coatings of the tank
- Installation of additional health and safety features and a code compliant guardrail system on the tank roof
- Installation of a hydrodynamic mixing system inside the tank to improve water age and chlorine residuals
- Installation of accessory upgrades including new antenna supports
- Upgrades to the lighting system
- Minor upgrades to the process mechanical equipment within the base of the structure
CIMA Canada Inc. has been retained as the Engineering Consultant to coordinate and manage the rehabilitation of the project. In January 2017 the project was awarded to Dayson Industrial Services Inc. and work has commenced and is scheduled to be completed in September 2017.