The responsibility of Chatham-Kent PUC is for the treatment and delivery of safe drinking water as well as the collection and treatment of wastewater.  The water and wastewater industry in Ontario are heavily regulated industries with the compliance to both Provincial and Federal regulations being of utmost importance.  Chatham-Kent PUC has many Service Level Agreements (contracts) for the provision of services with various departments within the Municipality (eg. Legal, Human Resources, Public Works, meter reading and bill collection, etc.)

When Should I Call Chatham-Kent PUC?

  • Concerns with water quality, ie. discoloured, taste and odour concerns
  • Water and wastewater rates
  • Purchase a water meter (meters can also be purchased at any Chatham-Kent Municipal Centre)
  • Petition for a water line extension
  • New water service inquiries
  • Confirmation of lot servicing (water, sanitary and storm sewers)
  • Questions concerning DWQMS (Drinking Water Quality Management Standards)

Contact the Chatham-Kent PUC at 519.436.0119 during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm






Who to Call?

  • Water locates - contact One Call at 1.800.400.2255

  • Water meter issues, (ie. installation, reading, leaking, outside reading device), water/sewer billing inquiries, request to have water turned on/shut off - contact Entegrus (formerly Chatham Hydro) at 519.352.6300, Customer Service

  • Water main break, sewer back-up, sewer connection - contact Public Works Department at 519.360.1998

  • Boil Water Notifications - contact Public Health Unit at 519.352.7270

  • Water Line Assessment Notices and Assessment/Local Improvement payouts - contact the Municipal Tax Department at 519.360.1998