Chatham-Kent Public Library offers the convenience of paying library fees, fines and donations online from the comfort of your home or using one of our library computers.
To pay fines and fees online, just log in to your library account at search.ckpl.ca and follow the easy steps (below) to pay your late fees from there. It is best to renew all your items before you pay your late fees. You can select which fees and fines you wish to pay if you have more than one.
When you register online for a library program with fees, you can now pay those fees at the same time. Just look for the Pay Online button to get started. To make a donation online, visit the library's Make a Donation page and click on the "Donate" button.
Online payments must be at least $5.00 to cover processing costs. You can pay with your PayPal account if you have one, or with your credit card. CKPL accepts Visa and MasterCard. Debit cards are currently not accepted.
CKPL does not keep your credit card number and all transactions are completed through a secure, encrypted channel.
How To Make an Online Payment
To make an online payment, follow the steps below or watch the video tutorial.
1. Login to your library account by clicking on "Login" at the upper right corner of search.ckpl.ca.
2. Enter your library barcode number and PIN.
3. Click on the "Submit" button to access your account.
4. Click on the "Fines/Fees" button on the left side of the page to see the fines that have posted to your account.
5. Pay fines by clicking on the "Pay Online" button
6. Select the fines you wish to pay by clicking the check box. You can also click on the "Select All" button to select all fees/fines. Click on "Continue".
7. Enter your credit card information and click on "Continue".
8. When the transaction is completed, a confirmation of payment will be presented. Library users can select to print the confirmation at this point. A copy of this confirmation will also be sent to your email associated with your library account.