- Place your holds online or by calling 519.354.2940.
- We no longer require an appointment for curbside pickup. You can drop-in any time during scheduled curbside hours at your branch. Please make sure to have your library card or a piece of ID so staff can checkout your items.
- If a scheduled pickup works better for you, please call the library or go
online to set up an appointment (search for "curbside service").
- When you arrive at the set appointment time, come to the library vestibule, show your library card or picture ID and your items will be bagged and ready for you!
- For your safety and the safety of library staff, please practice physical distancing while using our Curbside Service.
All 11 branches provide Curbside Service. Please read this page for curbside dates and times.
All materials returned to the library are quarantined for the recommended 72 hours before they are checked in.
If you need to change your pickup date, please call us at 519.354.2940. Items not picked up without contacting the library will be released after three days. You can place a new hold on the items if you would like them at a later date.
Yes. Please stay at least 6 feet from the table as library staff bring out your items.
Yes. Please let staff know about any accommodations you may need when we call to schedule your pickup time. You may be asked to give us your license plate number so we can correctly identify your car.
Yes! We no longer require an appointment for curbside pickups. You are welcome to drop-in any time during our scheduled curbside hours. Please make sure to have your library card or a piece of ID ready so we can check out your items when you arrive. If a pre-scheduled window works better for your schedule, please call the library at 519.354.2940 to schedule an appointment
We ask that if you are picking up for your family, you let staff know so items can be bundled. Home Service patrons can have their items picked up by a family member or friend as long as they have the patron's library card.
Yes. If you're booking an appointment, please let staff know about any other cards that may have items ready for pickup.
Yes. The external book drop is open 24/7 at all CKPL branches. Please...
- Put your loose library items in the chute (no bags or boxes). Items that cannot be put into the book drop will be accepted in person at the curbside pick up doors.
- Expect items to remain checked out on your card for at least 72 hours while they are quarantined. No fines will accrue during quarantine time.
- Keep your donations at home (for now!)
Regular loan periods apply to our different item types. CKPL has temporarily implemented automatic renewals (up to 2 renewals) for most collections, provided the item is not on hold for another patron. Please check the due dates on the due slip provided with your curbside pick up or check the due dates by logging into your account at search.ckpl.ca. Please note that overdue fines have been reinstated as of January 2, 2021. If you are unable to return your items by the due date, please call 519.354.2940.
You can cancel items you have on hold by logging in to your account online (search.ckpl.ca) or contacting the library. You can also freeze your holds until a future date. See our
Borrowing FAQ page for instructions.
You can renew items
or by calling the library at 519.354.2940 (please be prepared to provide the number on your library card when calling). You may renew as early as 4 days before the due date. Renewable items can be renewed to a maximum of two times. The library system will attempt to renew your borrowed items three days before their due date. If successful, your loan period will be extended from the existing due date, an additional full loan period. If unsuccessful, you will continue to receive notices about overdue items. Please note that overdue fines have been reinstated as of January 2, 2021. If you are unable to return your items by the due date, please call 519.354.2940.
There are a few ways to find out an item's due date:
- On the courtesy notice emailed to you 3 days before the due date. Opt in to receive email notices by using Ask CKPL
- Via your online account.
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 519.354.2940. Visit our Ask CKPL page for more ways to get in contact with library staff.
An item won’t auto renew if:
- Another library user has requested it.
- The item has reached its maximum number of renewals (up to 2 times for most items).
- Your account has an item overdue by 60 days or more (item billed), or you owe more than $10.
- Your account is expired.
- The item is a digital item, such as an ebook from the OverDrive, cloudLibrary or Hoopla
- The item is an InterLibrary Loan item.
Auto renew is an automatic process that applies to all CKPL cardholder accounts. If you don't wish to keep an item, please return it when you're finished.
Community members of all ages can apply for a Virtual Library Card
. A Virtual Library Card is used exclusively for online resources and would need to be upgraded to a full service card to borrow physical items through Curbside Service. Contact us for more information if you would like to apply for a full service card.
Virtual cards can be upgraded to a full service card at any time. You can continue to use our amazing electronic resources for books, movies, and music in the meantime! To upgrade your card, visit any CKPL branch during curbside hours with your card and a piece of ID showing your name and address.
You can pay fines or fees over $5 online when you
login to your library account
. For more information on paying fines online, visit our Online Payments page
. Please speak with a staff member if you have concerns about fines or fees on your account and you are unable to pay online.
You can renew your card in-person during curbside hours by presenting your card and a piece of ID showing your name and address. You can also apply online to switch to a Virtual Library Card
. Please note that by switching to a Virtual Library Card, you will only be able to access our online resources until you are able to update your card in-person. Please contact us
if you have further questions or concerns regarding your card.
Yes! CKPL invites you to explore the virtual library of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, movies and music by visiting www.ckpl.ca/download.
- Download digital copies of your favorite magazines on Flipster and RB Digital
- Watch movies and TV shows on Hoopla and Kanopy.
- Read ebooks and audiobooks using OverDrive (Libby), cloudLibrary and TumbleBooks (perfect for kids!) TumbleBooks has animated talking picture books, read-alongs, graphic novels, games, puzzles and more! Hoopla also has graphic novels, audiobooks and music!
Don't have a library card? Sign up for one at www.ckpl.ca/virtualcards
Free wifi is available at all 11 CKPL branches between 8:00 am and 9:00 pm. Please surf from your car and/or practice safe social distancing. SSID: CKPL-wifi.
Yes. We are accepting requests for interlibrary loans, please read this page
for details. Interlibrary loans that have been borrowed from other libraries can be returned to any CKPL book drop.
CKPL will not be accepting book donations until a later date and book sales are suspended as well. Thank you for your understanding and patience.