Welcome back! CKPL is excited to begin to offer limited service inside our library locations with additional health and safety measures in place. Your visit may look a little different but, as always, staff are available to help! Just ask a CKPL staffer!
Library branches will be reopening in stages across Chatham-Kent. Our goal is to have most branches open for short periods of browsing and holds pick up by the end of September. Curbside service
will also continue so that CK residents can choose the way they want to access library services.
- Chatham Branch will be offering open hours Wednesdays 4:00 to 8:00 pm starting September 16, and Saturdays 1:00 to 5:00 pm starting September 19.
- Wallaceburg Branch will be offering open hours Fridays 1:00 to 5:00 pm starting September 18 and Tuesdays 4:00 to 8:00 starting September 22.
- Thamesville Branch will be offering open hours Thursdays 1:00 to 5:00 pm starting September 17.
- Ridgetown Branch will be offering open hours Mondays from 1:00 to 5:00 pm starting September 21.
- Tilbury Branch will be offering open hours Mondays from 1:00 to 5:00 pm starting September 21.
- Blenheim Branch will be offering open hours Tuesdays from 4:00 to 8:00 pm starting September 22.
- Wheatley Branch will be offering open hours on Thursdays from 4:00 to 8:00 pm starting September 24.
Other branches will follow. Watch this space for future announcements.
The following services will be available during open hours and quick visits of 30 minutes or less are encouraged:
- Picking up holds
- Browsing and borrowing items (where available, please use Express Checkout machines)
- Using computers (1 session of up to 45 minutes per day, must be booked in advance by calling 519.354.2940). Public computers have been reduced to accommodate social distancing.
- Photocopying and printing. Exact change is required to pay for printing and photocopying.
- Virtual Library is always available: Visit us at www.ckpl.ca/virtual
- Can’t make it in? Call us at 519.354.2940, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 519.401.7174
The following services are NOT available:
- In-person events and programs
- Children’s Early Literacy Stations and Stay & Play activities
- Room rentals
- Book donations
- Seating areas and study tables
- Water fountains
- Newspapers, microfilm and microfilm machines
- Interlibrary loans
There is a limit to the number of people allowed in each branch at one time.
All library items are to be returned through book returns. Please no inside returns.
CKPL encourages all patrons to:
- Take the COVID-19 self-assessment test. If you have symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay at home and do not visit the library. We will be happy to help you by phone, email or chat!
- Return all items to book returns. Please no inside returns.
- Wear a face mask in accordance with the Municipality of Chatham-Kent by-law
- Sanitize hands before entering the library, after handling materials or equipment, and before leaving the library. Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the library.
- Keep 2 metres apart from staff and other visitors at all times.
- Please keep your distance when browsing shelves. One person at a time between or at shelves.
- As you look for items on the shelves, please be mindful of what you touch. Place touched items in designated areas for quarantining if you do not check them out.
- Parents are asked to keep their children close to prevent accidently breaking social distancing rules.
- Limit your visit to 30 minutes or less to ensure that other people can access library services.