1. What was your initial reaction to the book? Did it hook you immediately, or take some time to get into?
2. How well do you think Kelley built the world of Rockton?
3. If you were to write fanfic about "City of the Lost", what kind of story would you want to tell?
4. If you could hear this same story from another person's point of view, who would you choose?
5. What do you think the Kelley's purpose was in writing this book? What ideas was she trying to get across?
6. If you got the chance to ask the author of this book one question, what would it be?
7. Which characters in the book did you like best?
8. What did you like best or least about "City of the Lost"?
9. Do you think you could survive in Rockton?
10. What do you think of the book's title? How does it relate to the book's contents? What other title might you choose?
11. How do you feel about the relationship between Casey and Diana? If you were Casey could you forgive Diana?
12. How did the Casey change throughout the story? How did your opinion of her change?