CKPL is participating in the Bridge Project which aims to understand how technology impacts communities across Ontario.
Click on the button below to take the
Bridge survey and tell us about your experiences with technology!
The "digital divide" is inequalities that exist with access and use of information and communication technologies. Libraries actively bridge the gap by providing:
- digital inclusion services – the physical infrastructure like equipment, hardware, software, and facilities that provide access to information communication technologies.
- digital literacy services –
user instruction and support services that are provided by staff to help users become more comfortable in using those technologies.
In addition to having impact in digital inclusion and digital literacy, technology services also contribute to:
- community, social and civic engagement;
- creativity and innovation;
- workforce development; and
- entrepreneurship and business development.
The Bridge Project will help us gather feedback and statistics to show the value that libraries provide. Thank you for helping us do that!