Here are some reminders to help ensure proper collection:
The following limits are in place for residential collection:
- There is a limit of three bags or items per week which includes bundles of brush or bags/cans of leaf and yard waste
- There is a limit of three bundles of brush, tree or garden cuttings allowed to be placed for collection from a residential property which is included in the weekly bag limit. Bundles must be tied securely with a weight not greater than 27 kilograms (60 lbs) and dimensions not exceeding 5 ft. x 3 ft. x 3 ft.
- One - 95 gallon Carts Ahoy cart is equivalent to three garbage bags (effective January 2015); one - 68 gallon Carts Ahoy cart is equivalent to two garbage bags (effective January 2015)
- All items in excess of the limit, not properly contained or not in a prescribed container will be left at the curb. Items left at the curb are the responsibility of the owner to remove/clean up
Multi-Residential and Institutional/Commercial/Industrial Limits
The amount of collectable refuse from any one institutional, commercial or industrial property as well as multi-residential (6 or more units) shall not exceed 2.0 cubic metres or five - 95 gallon toter carts.
The following materials will not be collected:
- Toter carts with excess garbage (i.e. lid does not close flat)
- Clippings/branches from trees/shrubs that are NOT bundled and/or in dimensions of 5 ft. x 3 ft. x 3 ft.
- Manufacturing or industrial wastes
- Explosives and highly flammable or volatile substances
- Liquid or gaseous waste, caustics and acids
- Poisons, pesticides and herbicides, radioactive material
- Septic tank pumpings, raw sewage, sludge and industrial processed sludge
- Infected materials including dressings and bandages
- Organic material which has not been drained of all liquid in accordance with the provisions of the by-law
- Carcasses or parts thereof of any animal or other creature, save for bona fide kitchen and table waste
- Live animals or birds
- Hay, straw and manure
- Any materials which have become frozen to a container and cannot be removed by shaking or without breaking the container
- Stock of any wholesaler or retailer e.g. eggs, fish, pickles, fruit and vegetables
- Sawdust and/or shavings from a commercial and/or industrial establishment
- Broken plaster, railroad ties, pallets, lumber or other waste resulting from the construction, alteration, repair, demolition or removal of any building or structure
- Discarded tires with rims, trucks, automobiles and other vehicles and any parts thereof or accessories thereto
- Tree trunks, stumps, loose leaves or branches, sod or fill of any kind
- Cardboard boxes that are wet and may fall apart
- Household paints, solvents
- Non-prescribed containers such as 45 gallon drums and loose grocery/kitchen catcher bags
- White goods/scrap metal
- E-Waste (i.e. computers, monitors, cameras, fax machines, printers, etc.)
Do you have a question or concern? Contact Waste and Recycling Services at 519.360.1998 or firstname.lastname@example.org.