Your specific circumstances may require a selection of documents listed below. Please refer to your email from  for your required documents. Your Child Care Subsidy application appointment for financial assistance cannot be scheduled until ALL required documents are received.

If your marital status is married/common-law, we require these documents from both adults in the household.

Reason for Child Care


  • Two most recent pay stubs from your employer(s)                                                                          


  • Signed Declaration of Self-Employment
  • T1 General from most recent tax year
  • Copy of business registration, licence, contract or business plan
  • If self–employed and incorporated, two most recent pay stubs

In School or Training:                                                                                                                

  • School registration with class schedule
  • Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) Funding Summary which states your student status (part time or full time)

Referral for Child Care:

  • For the Child – two referral letters by two different agencies. A referring agency may be a doctor, speech therapist, teacher or other professional who is currently working with you or your child
  • For the Parent/Legal Guardian – A medical note by your doctor or specialist recommending licensed child care 

Financial Information

Tax Information:

One of the following for the most recent tax year:

Tax returns, T1 Summary or T4s are not accepted.

Newcomers to Canada:

  • Proof of landing date is required if income tax has not been filed. (Record of Landing (IMM1000) and/or Canadian Permanent Resident Identification)

Receiving Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP):

  • Most recent cheque stub


One of the following for each family member if you were born in Canada:

  • Canadian Birth Certificate
  • Canadian Statement of Live Birth
  • Canadian Passport
  • Driver's Licence
  • Indian Status Card

Health Cards and Social Insurance cards are not accepted.

One of the following for each family member if you were born outside of Canada:

  • Canadian Passport
  • Canadian Citizenship Card/Certificate
  • Canadian Permanent Resident Identification
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence in Canada (IMM5292)
  • Record of Landing (IMM1000)
  • Protected Person Status

If you do not have status in Canada, please provide verification of your Permanent Resident Application.

Where you live

One of the following to confirm that you live in Chatham-Kent:

  • Mortgage
  • Property tax bill
  • Rent receipt with landlord's name and phone number
  • A recent utility bill

Documents submitted must be recent within the last 3 months.