- Find licensed child care that meet your needs
- Check yes that you want to apply for child care subsidy
- Add your child(ren) to several child care providers' wait lists at one time
- Update your contact information and your child care needs, which will be immediately visible in all your child care applications
To learn how to use the Chatham-Kent Child Care Registry, read the steps listed below and the Child Care Registry Tips page. We are working to make the Child Care Registry mobile friendly but it is best to use a desktop or laptop computer to apply.
- Complete the parent and child detail information screens
- Click "yes, I am interested in applying for child care subsidy"
- Click " Save & Continue to Apply to Child Care Programs
Apply to child care on "Care Requirements" page
Start by selecting the "Preferred Start Date" for child care. For example, if you need before and after school care for the upcoming school year, enter September 1. The Preferred Start Date must reflect the child's age that they will be when they are entering that specific program.
|Infant||0-17 Months ||1 year, 5 months|
|Toddler||18-30 Months||1 year, 6 months to 2 years, 6 months|
|Preschool||30 Months to 4.8 years||2 years, 6 months to 4 years 8 months|
|JK/SK||3.8 - 6 years||3 years, 8 months to 6 years|
|School Age||6 - 12 years|
- Select the appropriate provider types, number of days and program times PLEASE NOTE: It is encouraged to "Select All" for these categories as situations may change unexpectedly. This creates more options for parents in the future.
- Apply to the child care programs by clicking the "Show Programs" button. Apply to multiple child care providers as space is limited
- Prioritize your program choices using the number one choice as your preferred child care provider and program.
- Click "Save & Return to Home Screen" to complete the application or click "Save & Add Support Request" which will lead to a referral to either Chatham-Kent Children's Services, Children's Treatment Centre, or Public Health Unit.
Once you have returned to the home screen you can add another child, apply to other child care programs and change your preferred start date to apply for programs in another age category.
A child care provider will contact you directly once a space is available.
Please be aware that registration on the Child Care Registry does not guarantee that you will receive a space by the time care is required. Once you have registered, you may contact the child care providers directly for more information about expected wait times. Refer to the Child Care Contact list
for telephone numbers.
For technical support with your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 519-351-1228 ext 2429