What does the Technical Advisory Committee do?
The Technical Advisory Committee represents the public interest with both functional and aesthetic concerns respecting matters such as traffic circulation, public safety, lighting, pedestrian realm, municipal services, drainage, flood protection, environmental quality, waste management, noise abatement, privacy screening and landscape design.
The Technical Advisory Committee has representation from the following Municipal Departments:
- Planning and Building Services
- Economic Development
- Public Works
- Traffic and Transit
- Public Utilities Commission
- Fire Services
- Legal Services
- Finance Services - Property Management Division
Role of the Technical Advisory Committee
- Provide knowledge and expertise on a full range of municipal services and activities, ensuring that development occurs with full awareness of the implications in other service areas.
- Provide a forum for communication and consultation among all departments to fulfill municipal goals and objectives.
- Research and recommend the development of new corporate policies as required.
- TAC is the primary technical resource to the Municipality, consultants and customers, providing advice on planning and development applications.
Responsibilities of the Technical Advisory Committee
- Establish a high level of service to our customers.
- Monitor service levels and provide continuous improvement.
- Optimize customer satisfaction by providing guidance through municipal processes.
- Ensure that accurate technical information is provided to our customers in a timely fashion.
- Foster a positive working relationship between the Municipality and its customers.
- Identify development issues and trends.