Nestled in a beautiful setting beside the Thames River in central Chatham, Riverview Gardens offers a friendly community atmosphere. Quality care has been at the heart of our home for over a century.
We are committed to providing exceptional long-term care services with access to a wide range of medical, personal, dietary and recreational services to meet individual care needs.
These services include:
24-hour nursing care
Personal care and assistance to meet individual care needs
- Recreational and social activities
- Rehabilitation (physio and occupational therapy) services and restorative care
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Trust fund account management
- Palliative (end-of-life) care
If you are considering Riverview Gardens and would like more information, please contact our Admissions Coordinator at 519.352.4823 ext. 6146.
To apply for admission to Riverview Gardens, contact the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) 519.436.2222.
All rates are set annually by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MHLTC). The July 1, 2019 rates for all long-term care homes in Ontario are:
|Type of Room
Basic (ward)* - accommodates two residents and includes a shared bathroom
Semi-private - provides a private room with a shared bathroom
Private - accommodates one resident and include a private bathroom
Short Stay Residents
*Note: Based on the “Notice of Assessment” from Revenue Canada for the previous year, residents in basic accommodations may apply for a rate reduction. Semi-private and private accommodations are not eligible for a rate reduction.
Riverview Gardens is currently closed to the general public. Visitors must have a negative COVID-19 test result within the past 14 days to visit indoors.
Resident Day Trips
- Residents can leave the RVG property for up to a day at a time
- Residents do not require COVID-19 testing or 14-day self-isolation upon return
- Residents must wear a mask provided by RVG while outside the Home
- Family/ friends must wear a mask when within 2 meters of the resident
- For residents who need assistance getting to Robertson Ave entrance ONLY, arrangements can be made by calling 519-352-4823 ext 6137
Resident Overnight Trips
- Residents may leave RVG for overnight stays
- Residents must self-isolate for 14 days upon return
- Overnight stays must be pre-approved by RVG
- Any denials for overnight stays will be provided to the resident/family in writing
- Residents must wear a mask provided while outside the home
- Family/friends must wear a mask when within 2 meters of the resident
- Visits no longer need to be scheduled in advanced
- Visits can be in the resident's room (please only visit resident you are intending to visit)
- Common areas are temporarily closed to visitors (including Sunrooms, Courtyard, Dining rooms, Great Room)
- Visitors may only use public bathrooms in the Home
- No meals tickets available at this time
- Visitors are asked to avoid visiting during meal times
- Two visitors allowed at a time for up to 2 hours
- A test to a Negative COVID-19 test result within the past 14 days required
- Mask required
- Please sanitize before entering the resident's room
How to get a COVID-19 test at the CKHA Assessment Centre:
In order to get a COVID-19 test, book online at www.assessmentbooking.ca. You will need a valid green Ontario Health Card. Please provide an email address while filing out the online form to confirm your appointment date and time. For those who do not have the above, or do not have access to technology, they may phone CKHA at 519-352-6400 x 6548 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday. After hours, the number to phone is 519-352-6400 x 6584. Please book an appointment before attending. They request you bring your health card as well as a list of medications, allergies and past health issues. NOTE: Hours of operation: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, with the last patient seen at 4:20 pm. CKHA's COVID-19 Assessment Centre is located at the St.Clair College HealthPlex at 1001 Grand Ave West in Chatham. Free parking is available during the above hours, in the lot adjacent to the building.