DATE: September 13, 2019
Chatham-Kent Public Library Co-Hosting Family History Fair!
Chatham-Kent Public Library and Ontario Ancestors, Kent Branch are organizing their third annual Family History Fair on Saturday, September 21. This free, public event will be held at the Chatham Branch of CKPL and will run from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Visit with local historical groups, learn about online resources and get genealogy tips from experienced researchers. We've got kids activities too, so bring the whole family!
From 11:00 am to 1:00 pm, meet with genealogy and local history organizations at the Family History Fair Expo. Visit all Expo booths for a chance to win an Ancestry DNA kit, Family Tree Maker program, Family Tree Chart, Genealogy Society membership or other great door prize.
All door prizes were generously provided by:
- Family Tree Maker
- Lynn Palermo
- Ontario Ancestors, Kent Branch
- Ontario Ancestors
Participating Expo organizations include:
- Bicentennial Branch of the United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada (UELAC)
- Blenheim Freedom Library & Military Museum
- Chatham-Kent Black Historical Society & Black Mecca Museum
- Chris Carter, Local Historian and Author
- Essex County Branch of Ontario Ancestors
- Fred Osmon, Local Historian and Author
- Harrow Early Immigrant Research Centre
- Lambton County Branch of The Ontario Genealogical Society
- Ontario Ancestors, Oxford County
- Tilbury and District Historical Society
- Wallaceburg and District Museum
- Wheatley Area Historical Society
10:00 to 10:15 am
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Kid’s Activities- Make a Time Capsule and/or a Family Photo Album
10:15 to 10:45 am
Self-Publishing Family Histories
A Panel Discussion
11:00 to 1:00 pm
Family History Fair Expo
11:00 to 1:00 pm
Ask a Family Historian
Consult an experienced genealogy researcher for help building your family tree
1:00 to 1:30 pm
Stories from Hugh Cowan’s “Canadian Achievement: Kent County”
Presented by Chris Carter, Local Historian and Author
1:30 to 2:00 pm
Who Were the Loyalists?
Presented by Heather Crewe, Membership & Education Outreach Chair, UELAC Bicentennial Branch
2:15 to 3:00 pm
Using Social Media for Genealogy Research
Presented by Ben Dawson, Co-Chair, London & Middlesex County Branch, Ontario Ancestors
The Family History Fair is open to all interested and is free to attend. All events are offered at Chatham Branch, CKPL, at 120 Queen Street in Chatham. To find out more about programs and events at Chatham-Kent Public Library, visit www.ckpl.ca.
Collection Development Librarian
Chatham-Kent Public Library, Chatham Branch
120 Queen Street Chatham ON N7M 2G6
For more information or alternative formats of this document, please email email@example.com.