CKPL Welcomes You Back! We Have Missed You!
Welcome back! CKPL is excited to offer increased hours with limited services at Chatham Branch with additional health and safety measures in place. Your visit may look a little different but, as always, staff are available to help!
Chatham Branch will be offering open hours to allow patrons to pick up holds, browse collections, and make appointments for computer use, local history research and wifi spots. Chatham Branch will be open:
- Tuesdays from 9:30 to 1:00 pm
- Wednesdays from 4:00 to 8:00 pm
- Thursdays from 9:30 to 1:00 pm
- Fridays from 1:00 to 5:00 pm
Saturdays from 1:00 to 5:00 pm Curbside Service will also continue so that residents can choose the way they want to access library services. Contactless Curbside Service is offered at Chatham Branch:
- Tuesdays from 4:00 to 8:00 pm
- Wednesdays from 10:00 to 1:00 pm
- Thursdays from 4:00 to 8:00 pm
The following services will be available during open hours and quick visits of 30 minutes or less are encouraged:
- Picking up holds
- Browsing and borrowing items (when available, please use Express Checkout machines)
- Using computers (1 session of up to 45 minutes per day, must be booked in advance by calling 519.354.2940 or texting 519.401.7174). Public computers have been reduced to accommodate social distancing and staff are not able to provide technical assistance at this time.
- Local history research (1 session of up to 2 hours per day, must be booked in advance by calling 519.354.2940 or texting 519.401.7174. Please keep in mind washrooms are not open at this time and to plan accordingly.)
- Indoor wifi spots (1 session of up to 45 minutes per day, must be booked in advance by calling 519.354.2940 or texting 519.401.7174)
- Photocopying and printing.
- Virtual Library is always available: Visit us at www.ckpl.ca/virtual
- Can’t make it in? Ask CKPL by calling us at 519.354.2940, emailing email@example.com or texting 519.401.7174
The following services are NOT available:
- In-person events and programs
- Children’s Early Literacy Stations and Stay & Play activities
- Room rentals
- Book donations
- Seating areas and study tables
- Water fountains
- Interlibrary loans
There is a limit to the number of people allowed the branch at one time.
All library items are to be returned through book returns. Please no inside returns.
Please watch ckpl.ca or follow CKPL on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for the latest news!
CKPL encourages all patrons to:
- Take the COVID-19 self-assessment test. If you have symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay at home and do not visit the library. We will be happy to help you by phone, email or chat!
- Return all items to book returns. Please no inside returns.
- Wear a face mask in accordance with the Municipality of Chatham-Kent by-law.
- Sanitize hands before entering the library, after handling materials or equipment, and before leaving the library. Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the library.
- Keep 2 metres apart from staff and other visitors at all times.
- Please keep your distance when browsing shelves. One person at a time between or at shelves.
- Please be mindful of what you touch as you look for items on the shelves. Place touched items in designated areas for quarantining if you do not check them out.
- Keep your children close to prevent accidently breaking social distancing rules.
- Limit your visit to 30 minutes or less to ensure that other people can access library services.