CKPL Welcomes You Back! We Have Missed You!
Welcome back! CKPL is excited to begin to offer limited service inside some library branches with additional health and safety measures in place. Your visit may look a little different but, as always, staff are available to help!
Blenheim Hub’s Branch Head Stephanie Hartford says “It’s great to be able to welcome patrons back into the library after our extended closure. Come see what the Blenheim and Merlin Branches have to offer!”
Blenheim and Merlin branches will be offering open hours to allow patrons to pick up holds, browse collections and to book computers:
- Tuesdays from 4:00 to 8:00 pm Blenheim Branch is open
- Thursdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Blenheim Branch is open
- Thursdays from 4:00 to 8:00 pm Merlin Branch is open
- Saturdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Blenheim Branch is open
Curbside Service will also continue so that residents can choose the way they want to access library services. Please watch ckpl.ca or follow CKPL on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for the latest news!
- Tuesdays from 1:00 to 5:00 pm Merlin Branch offers Curbside Service
- Wednesdays from 1:00 to 5:00 pm Blenheim Branch offers Curbside Service
- Fridays from 1:00 to 5:00 pm Blenheim Branch offers Curbside Service
The following services will be available during open hours and quick visits of 30 minutes or less are encouraged:
- Picking up holds
- Browsing and borrowing items (where available, please use Express Checkout machines)
- Using computers (1 session of up to 45 minutes per day, must be booked in advance by calling 519.676.3174). Public computers have been reduced to accommodate social distancing and staff are not able to provide technical assistance at this time.
- Photocopying and printing.
- Virtual Library is always available: Visit us at www.ckpl.ca/virtual
- Can’t make it in? Call us at 519.354.2940, email email@example.com or text 519.401.7174
The following services are NOT available:
- In-person events and programs
- Children’s Early Literacy Stations and Stay & Play activities
- Room rentals
- Book donations
- Seating areas and study tables
- Washrooms and water fountains
- Newspapers, microfilm and microfilm machines
- Interlibrary loans
There is a limit to the number of people allowed in each branch at one time.
All library items are to be returned through book returns. Please no inside returns.
CKPL encourages all patrons to:
- Take the COVID-19 self-assessment test. If you have symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay at home and do not visit the library. We will be happy to help you by phone, email or chat!
- Wear a face mask in accordance with the Municipality of Chatham-Kent by-law.
- Sanitize hands before entering the library, after handling materials or equipment, and before leaving the library. Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the library.
- Keep 2 metres apart from staff and other visitors at all times.
- Please keep your distance when browsing shelves. One person at a time between or at shelves.
- Please be mindful of what you touch as you look for items on the shelves. Place touched items in designated areas for quarantining if you do not check them out.
- Keep your children close to prevent accidently breaking social distancing rules.
- Limit your visit to 30 minutes or less to ensure that other people can access library services.