December 24, 2020
Chatham-Kent Continues Covid-19 Enforcement Violation Phone and Email Line
On December 21st, the Ontario government issued the COVID-19 province wide shutdown restrictions that come into effect as of Saturday, December 26, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. and remain into effect until Saturday, January 23, 2021. The shutdown restrictions prohibit the operation of non-essential businesses and further limit social gatherings.
Chatham-Kent residents who have concerns about non-essential businesses, or indoor social gatherings can continue to report their concerns via phone or email.
To report a concern, individuals can call 519-360-1998, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or email Covid19enforcement@chatham-kent.ca
Emails and/or calls that will be investigated through this line include concerns related to:
- Non-essential businesses that are not closed
- Social gatherings inside private dwellings – (No indoor organized public events and social gatherings, except with members of the same household (the people you live with). Individuals who live alone and single parents may consider having exclusive, close contact with another household to help reduce the negative impacts of social isolation).
- Weddings, funerals and other religious services, rites or ceremonies where physical distancing can be maintained: exceeding 10 persons indoors or outdoors
- Outdoor organized public events and social gatherings exceeding 10 persons
- Organized sports or other games where the 6 foot social distancing is not being achieved
CK Public Health has made a full list of closures available at
In addition, further details regarding the Government of Ontario’s Provincial Shutdown can be found here:
- Media Contact:
Municipality of Chatham-Kent
Paul Lacina, Director, C.B.O.
519-360-1998 x 3242
This communication is subject to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Ontario) and/or Personal Health Information Protection Act (Ontario). This communication may be confidential. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email immediately.