• a public event

  • a private event with alcohol or

  • to film

on Municipal Property. The management of Events on Municipal Property requires the coordinated efforts of Municipal staff from many departments - facilitated by the Special Events Coordinator - to ensure the event operates safely and adheres to applicable by-laws, policies and procedures.

The Special Events Coordinator is a one-stop resource for Event Organizers.


  • Please contact the Special Events Coordinator or visit your local Municipal Service Centre to receive the most up to date Application forms at this time. 

  • Review this document for more detailed information and relevant appendices.

For new and / or growing events, contact the Coordinator, Special Events at 519-360-1998.

  • Contact your local Municipal Centre / Information Desk:

    • tentatively book the Municipal location / facility for the date(s) and time(s) of your event

    • sign any applicable contracts

    • pay any applicable fees.

  • Obtain and provide required Certificate(s) of Insurance.

  • Based on the activities  involved in your event, complete the Event Application and Hold Harmless Agreement and all relevant forms, which are available from:

    • the Special Events Coordinator

    • any Municipal Centre Customer Service Representative

    • on-line.

Submit all completed documents at least 8+  weeks prior to your event.  Municipal staff will process the application and return to you an approval letter / permit, complete with any accompanying conditions, requirements or restrictions.  

Failure to comply with the requirements set out in this guide and / or with any relevant policies and procedures may result in the refusal of an event permit/letter, ticketing and/or closure of the event.