Superpowers come in all forms and yours just might be running your own business. Students between 15 and 29 years old: apply to Summer Company and be your own boss!
All that’s required is a good summer company idea, commitment, and hard work. In return, students receive hands-on business training from successful business leaders, and financial support with awards of up to $3,000
to assist with start-up cost and working capital over the course of the summer.
If you're between 15 and 29 years old, you can apply to Summer Company, a program designed to help enterprising young people start up and run their own summer business.
How Do I Apply for Summer Company?
1. Fill out the Online Application for Summer Company
2. Prepare assistance provided through the Chatham-Kent Small Business Centre
3. Submit your business plan for review to the Chatham-Kent Small Business Centre
Am I ELIGIBLE for Summer Company?
You are if you’re:
• Between 15-29 years of age as of April 1
• A student returning to school full or part time in the fall
• Proposing a new start-up business
• A resident of Ontario
• A Canadian citizen or Landed Immigrant
• Not operating an existing business or employed full time over the course of the summer
• Prepared to commit a minimum of 8 consecutive weeks full-time to the experience
Businesses NOT ELIGIBLE for Summer Company are:
• A partnership
• A franchise
• A distributorship
• A multi- level marketing venture
• A musical venture such as bands, DJ’s dance/party events
• A 1-900 business
• A previous recipient of a Summer Company Award
2019 Summer Company Student Businesses
The 2019 Summer Company Students Businesses are up and running. Watch here for more details soon:
- Olivia Postma – Liv to Create
- Zak Mainville – Just Call Zak Home&Yard Care
- Danielle Lucier – Expand Your Reach
- Hannah Verster – Elysian Ethical
- Elizabeth Dow – Hears the Scoop
- Heather Dow – Heather's Bounce Club