10 Reasons to #ShopCK
Money stays in Chatham-Kent
More jobs for Chatham-Kent
Expertise is local and within reach
Better customer service
More selection and keeps our communities vibrant
You know the people behind the products
Save on the shipping
Improves the local economy
Reduces your carbon footprint
Local business gives back!
The Positive Outcomes for Chatham-Kent
For every $100 spent at local independent stores, they in turn generate $45 of secondary local spending
- 2019 research found that independent businesses recirculate up to 4.6 times more revenue than multinationals, keeping up to 63% of revenue in communities compared to 14% with multinationals. (The Economic Impact of Local Businesses)
- Independent businesses produce up to 8.4 times more jobs/ft2 & up to 8.1 times more revenue/ft2 than multinationals, and they spend up to 31.4% of their revenue on local products & services from locally-based businesses. (The Economic Impact of Local Businesses)
- Independent businesses donate up to 24 times more per dollar of revenue to local charities that multinationals. (The Economic Impact of Local Businesses)
- Local Retailers: recirculate 63% of revenue locally compared to 14% for multinationals (4.6 times) (The Economic Impact of Local Businesses) (similar results from AIBA)
- Local Retailers: Employ 13.4 staff per square foot compared to 1.6 staff per square foot for multinationals (8.4 times) (The Economic Impact of Local Businesses)
- Approximately one new job is created for every $300,000 in retail sales (The Economic Impact of Local Businesses)
- Shopping local helps to drive new start-ups and new investment in small business. "New businesses account for nearly all net new job creation and almost 20 percent of
gross job creation"
(The Importance of Young Firms for Economic Growth. Jason Wiens and Chris Jackson, Entrepreneurship Policy Digest, Kauffman Foundation, Sept. 14, 2015)
How to Shop Chatham-Kent: #ShopCK
There are many great resources for shopping local including search engines such as Google, local media, and the Chatham-Kent Business Directory
. Also be sure to search social media for many of the amazing businesses across the region who are using the hashtag #ShopCK.
If you're looking for top quality local produce, then be sure to visit the website:
Buy Local! Buy Fresh! Chatham-Kent
. There is an excellent selection of local farm-fresh produce from across the region.