If you're between 15 and 29 years old, you can apply to Summer Company, a program designed to help enterprising young people start up and run their own summer business.
All that’s required is a good summer company idea, commitment, and hard work. In return, students receive hands-on business training from successful business leaders, and financial support with awards of up to $3,000
to assist with start-up cost and working capital over the course of the summer.
How Do I Apply for Summer Company?
Am I ELIGIBLE for Summer Company?
You are if you’re:
- Between 15-29 years of age as of April 1
- A student returning to school full or part time in the fall
- Proposing a new start-up business
- A resident of Ontario A Canadian citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Not operating an existing business or employed more than 8 hours per week over the course of the summer
- Prepared to commit a minimum of 8 consecutive weeks full-time to the experience
Businesses NOT ELIGIBLE for Summer Company are:
- A partnership
- A franchise
- A distributorship
- A multi- level marketing venture, DJ’s dance/party events
- A 1-900 business
- A previous recipient of a Summer Company Award