It’s with great pride that Whyte’s Foods Inc., a leading manufacturer of marinated food products, announces today an investment of $18M to increase its production capacity in Ontario and in Quebec.
Of this, more than $16,5M will be invested by Whyte’s to expand its current manufacturing facilities to include a new location in Wallaceburg, Ontario. The company has purchased a building consisting of 150,000 square feet, which is located at 6800 Baseline Road. This building will be transformed into a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, dedicated to the production of marinated food products for the Food Service and Retail sectors of the food industry. This endeavor is currently under way … with the grand opening date anticipated in Fall 2019. Whyte’s Foods expects to create nearly 100 new jobs in the municipality of Chatham-Kent.
The expansion continues with an investment of $1,5M in equipment and technological improvements for the Ste-Rose, Quebec plant. This investment will allow the company to increase its production in Quebec as well. Whyte's Head Office will remain in Quebec, and local operations will remain unchanged.
While many manufacturers are relocating their production facilities to the US, Whyte’s strongly believes the region of Chatham-Kent is ideally located. This is due to its prime agricultural real estate, crop risk management between Quebec and Ontario and for its proximity to the US market. Products to be manufactured in the new Wallaceburg plant include relish, pickles and marinated peppers.
To learn more about this new facility, contact Claude Brière, VP Sales & Marketing: 450-625-1976 Ext. 244 / firstname.lastname@example.org
About Whyte’s Foods Inc.
- Whyte’s Foods is a privately-owned Canadian manufacturing company, which has been under the same ownership for more than 43 years.
- Whyte’s has successful product distribution across Canada, at both retail and foodservice levels. Well-known brands include Strub’s, Whyte’s, Mrs. Whyte’s and Coronation.
- Whyte’s currently employs more than 350 Canadians during its peak season, in 2 manufacturing plants and 1 distribution center in Quebec.
- Whyte’s is also a private label partner for the food industry.
Information about the plant opening
- Facility renovations are expected to be completed in January 2019.
- Nearly 100 new jobs will be created within the next 18 months. A few specialized Jobs will be announced within the next year, with the bulk of recruitment by end of summer 2019.
- Job posting will be announced publicly through Chatham Daily News, Indeed, Chatham Employment Resources Center, Strub’s Facebook page, jobs fair etc.
- Retail production lines are targeted to be in operation by November 2019, and Food Service by April 2019.
- Whyte’s presently purchases around 6 000 tons (mostly in Quebec 90%) of fresh cucumbers and around 1 200 tons of fresh peppers (Mostly Ontario 80%) in Canada.
- New business will bring an additional volume of approximately 7 000 tons of fresh cucumbers (90% Ontario) and approximately 500 tons (95% Ontario) of fresh peppers from Canadian growers.