The Bloomfield Business Park at Bloomfield Road and Highway 401 is Chatham-Kent's newest industrial park. The Bloomfield Business Park consists of approximately 105 acres of prestige industrial land with visibility on Highway 401. Sites are already serviced with municipal water, sanitary and storm sewers, three-phase electrical, natural gas and fibre.
- Approximately 105 acres divisible into minimum 2.5 acre parcels
- $50,000/acre (value pricing for larger developments)
- Light Industry
- Advanced Technology Industry
- Laboratory or Scientific Research Facility
- Warehouse/distribution centre
Utilities - Fully Serviced Property:
- Electrical Service: Two existing 27.6 kV feeders, 10mw capacity, supplying single or three-phase electricity, and for larger capacity a dual 230 kVtransmission line is available that runs adjacent to the site, serviced by Entegrus Inc.
- Natural Gas Service: Existing NPA 4" gas main available located approximately 150 m east of the site serviced by Union Gas Ltd.
- Water: CK PUC - 24” waterline in place – full fire flow protection. Access to a 300 mm (PVC) watermain on Seventh Line West, with a 600 mm sanitary main located on Seventh Line West and a 300 mm sanitary main located on Prosperity Way.
- Telephone: Fibre optic and telecommunications servicing available provided by Bell Canada.
- Sewage: CK PUC – Full sanitary servicing
- Storm Sewer: CK PUC – Full storm sewer with storm water management included
- Located 1.5 km from Highway 401 (Highway 401 visibility)
- Located 13 km from Highway 40 (2 lanes), a north-south roadway offering access to Highway 402 (4 lanes)
- 5.3 km from the CN Rail line
- 72 km from Windsor International Airport
- 80 km from Port of Sarnia and 82 km from Port of Windsor, a deep-water port which is located on the Great Lakes/St. Lawrence Seaway System
The Chatham-Kent Advantage
- Centrally located between Windsor and London, within minutes from Highway 401, the Municipality of Chatham-Kent has access to 950,000 people within a one-hour commute
- Chatham-Kent is home to the automotive, food processing and heavy industry sectors with major employers including:
- Accurcast Inc.
- Wabtec Foundry
- KSR International
- Autoliv Canada Inc.
- Mahle Filter Systems
- Continental AG
- Barry Callebaut Canada
- ConAgra Foods
- Businesses in Chatham-Kent have access to a robust and varied labour force of over 50,800 employees, including over 36,000 that have obtained a post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree from nearby post-secondary institutions including St. Clair College (Thames Campus), The University of Guelph (Ridgetown Campus), University of Windsor, Western University and University of Waterloo
- The Municipality of Chatham-Kent offers competitive occupancy and construction costs, and no development charges on industrial developments
- Chatham-Kent is committed in helping businesses develop and grow by offering a variety of community incentive programs including the Employment Community Improvement Plan, Employment Placement Program for Employers, and the Chatham-Kent Market Expansion Fund
For additional information, please contact:
Director, Economic Development Services
Municipality of Chatham-Kent
Phone: 1-519-351-7700 Ext. 2034