The Bloomfield Business Park at Bloomfield Road and Highway 401 is Chatham-Kent's newest industrial park. The Bloomfield Business Park consists of approximately 105 acres of prestige industrial land with visibility on Highway 401. Sites are already serviced with municipal water, sanitary and storm sewers, three-phase electrical, natural gas and fibre.
- Approximately 105 acres divisible into minimum 2.5 acre parcels
- $50,000/acre (value pricing for larger developments)
- Light Industry
- Advanced Technology Industry
- Laboratory or Scientific Research Facility
- Warehouse/distribution centre
32 Acres - Ontario Investment Ready: Certified Site
As part of the 105 fully serviced acres available, there are 32.48 acres which are designated Ontario Investment Ready: Certified Site. An Ontario Investment Ready: Certified Site demonstrates a commitment to work with investors by collecting up-front property information, mapping and completed assessments including environmental, heritage, archaeological and species at risk reviews. This greenfield property is zoned for multiple industrial uses, and has access to surrounding industry including trucking and freight, computer systems design, food processing, manufacturing, and warehousing.
Learn more about this piece of property in our brochure:
- Lot Size: 32.48 acres/13.14 hectares
- Depth: 401.26 metres
- Frontage: 327.6 metres
- Services: Full Municipal Services
- Zoning: M4 – Prestige Industrial, M5 – Light Industrial
Utilities - Fully Serviced Property:
- Electrical Service: Two existing 27.6 kV feeders, 10mw capacity, supplying single or three-phase electricity, and for larger capacity a dual 230 kVtransmission line is available that runs adjacent to the site, serviced by Entegrus Inc.
- Natural Gas Service: Existing NPA 4" gas main available located approximately 150 m east of the site serviced by Union Gas Ltd.
- Water: CK PUC - 24” waterline in place – full fire flow protection. Access to a 300 mm (PVC) watermain on Seventh Line West, with a 600 mm sanitary main located on Seventh Line West and a 300 mm sanitary main located on Prosperity Way.
- Telephone: Fibre optic and telecommunications servicing available provided by Bell Canada.
- Sewage: CK PUC – Full sanitary servicing
- Storm Sewer: CK PUC – Full storm sewer with storm water management included
- Located 1.5 km from Highway 401 (Highway 401 visibility)
- Located 13 km from Highway 40 (2 lanes), a north-south roadway offering access to Highway 402 (4 lanes)
- 5.3 km from the CN Rail line
- 72 km from Windsor International Airport
- 80 km from Port of Sarnia and 82 km from Port of Windsor, a deep-water port which is located on the Great Lakes/St. Lawrence Seaway System
The Chatham-Kent Advantage
- Centrally located between Windsor and London, within minutes from Highway 401, the Municipality of Chatham-Kent has access to 950,000 people within a one-hour commute
- Chatham-Kent is home to the automotive, food processing and heavy industry sectors with major employers including:
- Accurcast Inc.
- Wabtec Foundry
- KSR International
- Autoliv Canada Inc.
- Mahle Filter Systems
- Continental AG
- Barry Callebaut Canada
- ConAgra Foods
- Businesses in Chatham-Kent have access to a robust and varied labour force of over 50,800 employees, including over 36,000 that have obtained a post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree from nearby post-secondary institutions including St. Clair College (Thames Campus), The University of Guelph (Ridgetown Campus), University of Windsor, Western University and University of Waterloo
- The Municipality of Chatham-Kent offers competitive occupancy and construction costs, and no development charges on industrial developments
- Chatham-Kent is committed in helping businesses develop and grow by offering a variety of community incentive programs including the Employment Community Improvement Plan, Employment Placement Program for Employers, and the Chatham-Kent Market Expansion Fund
For additional information, please contact:
Director, Economic Development Services
Municipality of Chatham-Kent
Phone: 1-519-351-7700 Ext. 2034
A Property with an Investment Ready: Certified Site designation means the Province of Ontario has received from the site owner assessments and other site related information required under the Investment Ready: Certified Site Program. The Province has not verified the information and prospective purchasers, lessors and others should conduct their own usual due diligence and make such enquiries as they deem necessary before purchasing, leasing or otherwise investing in the subject site. Prospective purchasers, lessors and other interested in the subject site should check existing laws and regulations to confirm that this particular property is suitable for their intended purpose or use and what permits, approvals and consultations, including with aboriginal communities, are required in order to develop such property, as well as any costs associated with such development. This document, including all related photographs, is for information purposes only and is not intended to provide investment advice. Reliance upon any information shall be at the user’s sole risk. All information should be verified independently before being used or relied upon. The Province of Ontario does not guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of this information; and assumes no obligation to update this information or advise on further developments. The Province of Ontario disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any information contained in this document and is not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages or any other damages caused, arising out of or in connection with use of this information. The Province of Ontario is not acting as a real estate broker or agent for any party in connection with any of the properties described on this website.